Sunday, February 21, 2010

Keeping the Casanova


... the sequel of Capturing the Casanova.

Already posted at LU Archive, Soompi Forums and FF.net.

And also, I would like to thank everyone for their continued support. I didn't think that KTC would receive much love from the readers because it's been so long since I finished CTC. Obviously, SoEul LOVE is still not fading but it only keeps getting stronger. =)

On a side note, WINGLIN IS UP!

But I can't seem to update any of my stories...
What a bummer.

-//-//-//-//-//

For today, what have I been up to?

Well, it's a beautiful Sunday here. And I got dragged by my sister to watch a friend of mine drag race. Yes, drag race- an illegal street race. So yeah, there were lots of guys and motorcycles, and bets of course.

Actually, initially, I really didn't want to watch the drag race because, well, my Mom would probably have my head is she found out that I'm into these things. I mean, it's illegal and all, and I'm studying to become a lawyer someday. haha

But, I got persuaded because the rider who was going to race was a really close friend of mine. Besides, my sister was going to be there so she convinced me to pick up my lazy ass and watch for the first time, a real street drag race.

Also, this friend of mine, let's call him SOHC (Single Over Head Camshaft - a type of motorcycle engine), he insisted that I come and he was actually the one whom I rode with on the way to the venue of the race.

Imagine riding more than a hundred kph with a drag racer (SOHC) as the driver.

But me, well, I wasn't any ordinary girl so I wasn't a tiny bit scared. In fact, I found everything exhilarating. haha I'm weird. I know that.

Anyway, if I would have been any ordinary girl, I would have been really out of place at the venue of the drag race because there were only like... five or six girls and lots of guys. If it weren't for the fact that I have a fetish for motorcycles and that SOHC has taught me lots of things about 'em, I really would have been just another spectator who knew nothing.

It was a two round race and unfortunately, SOHC lost.

Why?

Well, the deal was a race between motorcycles using stock pieces for their motorcycles. That means, no personalized engine, no additional racing gears, no strokers, no pins, no additional cams.

Before the race, we were assured that the engine of the opponent was clean, but the truth was, they modified the engine to hide the additional gears, stroker and pin on the top part of the engine which was covered by the driver seat so it wasn't visible.

When the race started, we were all surprised because SOHC was easily beaten.

In the end, we had to argue against the result because it was really unfair. The mechanic of our team insisted that he inspect the engine of the opponent team but they refused because clearly, they weren't following the set regulations. They used additional racing gears instead of mere stocks, and that's really unfair.

In the end, the opponent took out three guns. It was pretty brutal, if you ask me. SOHC did his best but he was cheated and I really feel bad about that.

Actually, SOHC has never been beaten in stock to stock races, that means he has never been beaten in races which the same regulations as the race I watched. It was only this time that he lost because he was cheated.

And because the opponent had guns, we had to give the pot money to them even though it was unfair. They were really, really low life scums, if you ask me. I would have argued if it weren't for the fact that they were waving guns at our faces. I mean, it was getting dangerous...

But in all actuality, I'm still looking forward to watching SOHC race again. This incident didn't really scare me. In fact, if I were to be invited to watch a drag race again, I'll still go. hehe




regards,
shatteredteardrops

No comments:

Post a Comment