Monday, April 12, 2010

Excerpt from an upcoming Original Rom-Com...


Credits to senyikaede
@deviantart for picture

Title: N/A (I'm not sure what to name it yet.)
Date Started: April 10,2010
Target Number of Chapters: 17 (Prologue+15Chapters+Epilogue)
Genre: Romance, Humor, Drama
Characters: Park Ji-Wan, Park Hye-Jin, Min Hae-Joong, etc.

Excerpt:

“For me, love is a like a chocolate avalanche.”

Chocolate because it’s pleasantly sweet and overwhelming,
Avalanche because it just suddenly engulfs you without warning.

Quite a unique yet most definitely appropriate description of love, don’t you think?

To be honest, this plot idea has been in my mind since 2008. I've actually written a few chapters in advance and kept it in my drafts. But recently, since I have much free time in my hands, I read it again and decided to revise it.

This time, I'm planning to write it in an unconventional format and writing style. I'm going to divide the story into Three Phases namely: I- The Turning Point, II- The Past, III-The Present. Each phase will have five chapters, adding up into a total of fifteen chapters.

This is going to be a light read, unlike TCI and KTC that's both full-length novels. Chapters aren't going to be so long and the whole story will be written in first person POV.

The main protagonist is Park Hye Jin, a twenty-four year old virgin.

I don't know if this plot is cliche but I still want to try writing it out somehow. I've already written the Prologue and the first two chapters of Phase I, but I won't be posting it yet, because I might be pressured to update and I still have three unfinished stories.

Oh, and yeah, I still don't have a title for it. haha I'm thinking of naming it "Chocolate Avalanche" but I don't know... It just sounds too Rom-Com to me. I'm going to brainstorm for the title in the next few days. =)

By the way, I'm thinking of abandoning my story entitled Ignominy. I don't know. I just don't have the heart to finish it anymore. It's saddening, really, but it's been so long, and I don't know if I can still finish it. It's still posted at Winglin and Soompi, but it's been more than six months since its last update. So yeah...

Hm.

Yeah, that's about it.



regards,
shattered teardrops

No comments:

Post a Comment