Saturday, September 25, 2010

DRABBLE #02

September 24, 2010 - In the Living Room

Some things need not be announced, proclaimed, stated, declared or even spoken out loud… What’s most important is what’s happening underneath all the pretentious words and actions, what’s unspoken and hidden beneath the surface, what we deem as the things that matter the most

You and I both know… That after the game, after the chase, after all the manly charade you play in front of your so-called friends, you’d be here with me, sharing a snack or two while listening to the bands we both like.

This isn’t even love, it’s not even… anything.

You don’t know I like you. I don’t know if I like you. But I know as hell you don’t like me the way I hope you’d like me.

It’s like this one huge mass of chaos; messy, disorganized, unruly… Yet everything seemingly just falls into place the moment we’re in each other’s presence.

It’s like… being in an orderly state of chaos; a comfortable kind of chaos, might I add, the kind of chaos that you and I both share and prefer over any other sort of chaos.

We’re friends.

We got each other’s back.

For others, friendship is a treasure; to some, it is a boundary.

And for us?

Has friendship ever stopped us from sharing a comforting kiss when no one was looking? Has friendship ever stopped us from acting like two love-struck idiots inside a room-full of half-asleep students in Psychology class? Has friendship ever stopped us from being who we really are from each other?

What exactly is our friendship all about?

I badly wanted to clear every unspoken issue between us. It's been bugging me for days! I never realized how much everything mattered to me... And now, although I don't know if I'm actually in love with you, I'm starting to get really scared of the thought of losing you...

“Hey…” I finally broke free from the thoughts that were swarming uncontrollably inside my head. Funny, I seem to have been dazing off to dream-like thoughts these past few days. Of course, I hope you didn’t notice.

“Hmmm?” You asked while lying down on my lap with your eyelids closed. Have I ever told you how much I adored your eyelashes? They’re a spectacular sight up-close.

“Raph…” I spoke your name out loud.

“Hmmm?” You replied again.

“Raphael…” I spoke louder this time, calling your whole attention to me.

“Yeah?” You finally opened your eyes and stared back at me with a quizzical look on your face.

“Are we… Are we friends?” I tried to choke out more complicated words to ask a more complex question but the only thing that came out of my mouth was the question about our friendship.

You suddenly sat up and looked straight into my eyes as you sat in front of me. Without any warning, I felt your lips on mine in a brief and feathery kiss. It was your answer. It didn’t need words. It didn’t need any confirmation… but for me, that wasn’t enough.

I wanted to hear it from you.

“That wasn’t an answer…” I stated what was obvious.

“Of course not… I just wanted to kiss you.” You replied with a playful smile tugging at the corner of your lips.

This is getting painstakingly upsetting. Here I was, baring and betting everything I feel inside and yet, here you are, playfully teasing me. I hate that smile even though I feel butterflies in my stomach every time I see it.

“So what are we?”

You smiled genuinely this time and took my hand in yours.

“In front of them, we’re friends…” You said. “But as long as we’re with each other, Anthony, we know that we’re more…”


-//-//-//-//-//-


I don't actually know where I got the idea for this drabble but somehow, I ended up writing a confrontational dialogue between lovers who are both male. There is a transition from friends to lovers in this drabble and personally, I find it endearing...

As for the issue of sexuality, well, I don't really have much to say. My philosophy in life is to do whatever makes you happy, as long as it doesn't hurt other people in the process. I'm a pretty open-minded person so yeah...

Tsk, tsk... Who would have thought I would be able to come up with a rather very random drabble about sexuality? Free-writing does that to you. You just allow your mind to think of whatever it wants and allow your fingers to do the talking for you... haha

Free-writing... Hmmm... I like the sound of that. =) I'd definitely do it more often if I get more time.



P.S. I will be releasing the PDF File of The Art of Lip-Locking tomorrow!




regards,
shatteredteardrops

No comments:

Post a Comment