Monday, October 19, 2009

in a Heartbeat...


-//-//-


Introducing my new baby everyone.

This one has been playing in my mind since like... two weeks ago.

Not so long I know but the significance of this story in my life is that it's actually based on a true story I knew by heart. It's a story about me and the first relationship I've ever had.

In a way, this is the last time I'm going to relive each memory of that bittersweet phase in my life, and hopefully, after finish writing this short story, I will be able to move on...


No deaths, no prince charming and damsels in distress. Just a simple story I'm sure everyone can relate with because... this is real.


Posted at Soompi Forums only.


Here's the Prologue:


“in a Heartbeat…”


“Like a love story found in novels and movies,
I fell in love with the least person I expected.
In a heartbeat, everything I thought I knew about him changed.

I saw him in a different light other than as a friend.
Surreal as it may be, a tomboy like me…
Found love which I thought I’d never see…”

-D.P.

01 P R O L O G U E :


Our first meeting wasn’t all that promising. It was the first day of my college life.
I was alone, I knew no one. I was mediocre, not the type to stand out in the least.
No one was interested with serious-looking Park Dae Hee.

And him?


Hmm… Well, he was the complete opposite of me.
His looks, his actions, his shy smile when he introduced himself.
Everyone was enamored by good-looking Moon Chan Sung.


Everything about him…
demanded attention,
wanted attention,
and most of all,


Everything about him gained attention.


The first time I saw him, I didn’t take a second glance. Yes, I didn’t give him my attention.
Why? Looks without substance matter very little to me. I was that arrogant and I easily judged him.


And him?


Hmm… He easily captured everyone’s favor.
He was charming and his looks proved to be his advantage.

Everything about him…
irritated me,
disgusted me,
and most of all,

Everything about him screamed against the principles I live with.

I easily labeled him as a mere pretty boy who always got what he wanted,
simply because he had the looks and the charm to disarm anyone.


Not me though. I earned everything I had through hard work,
because I didn’t have the convenience of having exceptional looks.


As luck, or more like misfortune, would have it,
and although I hoped against odds to avoid him,
on that first day of class, he was arranged to sit beside me.
Much more to my annoyance, we were grouped together
along with two other people…

Blinded by my prejudgment, I was caught unprepared.
The pretty boy I hastily judged was in fact…
someone whose mind easily related with mine.
He was witty, resourceful and imaginative.
What a very, very unexpected surprise.



And little did I know that it was only the first surprise among the many others I didn’t expect to come.


To Be Continued...


So what do you think? =D



regards,
the non-violent torturer,
shattered teardrops

No comments:

Post a Comment